Sunday 5 March 2017

Hare Krishna Mantra is good for Muslims and Islam

A Muslim Girl reading Gita
A Muslim Girl reading Gita


Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

 Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare
Being a Muslim I shouldn’t chant or listen to Hare Krishna mantra. One of my close friends rued to me. He is not an extremist or disrespectful to other’s faith, but strict in following his own. I know this because we are friends for a long time. I am aware of his background, his attitude, and thinking.

We share a strong bond of friendship. And I accidentally introduced him to Hare Krishna Mantra. He realised the power of the mantra after listening it in my phone. I didn’t force him to listen, but out of curiosity, he did so. My friend liked the tune, music and the influential voice of Srila Prabhupad. He asked many questions and researched on the Hare Krishna Mantra for several days. Finally, he declared that it is Haram for him.


Hare Krishna Mantra Doubts and My Solution

His main objection came from his religious belief that a Muslim should worship Allah only. Further, he feared how his community would treat him if he accepted Hare Krishna Mantra. He also anticipated a downfall to hell after death. Despite all the protest, eventually, I convinced him to take up Hari Naam Japa. My conversation with him goes as follows.


A Muslim Man Purchasing Gita
A Muslim Man Purchasing Gita
Discussion on Hare Krishna Mantra with a Friend

Friend–I chanted Hare Krishna Mantra for a few minutes. It is powerful, but I am a Muslim. I should not worship a Hindu God.
Me – So you realise and accept the power of Hari Naam Japa, if it benefits you then you should follow it. Do you ask as doctor’s faith and caste before taking a medicine from him?
Friend – The example is not relevant I am not talking about material things but of faith. I am a Muslim and my beliefs are opposite to yours. I believe in one God and surrender to him. You have 33 crore gods and the number keeps increasing. You even worship animal, river, mountain and many more things.

Me – So you realise and accept the power of Hari Naam Japa, if it benefits you then you should follow it. The Lord says in Gita that everything is originated from him and he is in everything. So we see Krishna in every object of the world. Further, demigods are revered because they serve the supreme personality of godhead.

I give us an example, our office has several departments including accounting, security, marketing, customer care, etc. Every department has a head that manages it. Superficially, it may seem that they are all independent. But in reality, they work under the owner of the organisation. Hare Krishna!

Friend – So why do you people worship demigods? I mean you should directly connect to the supreme God who manages demigods.

Me –Exactly! Krishna says those who worship demigods are less intelligent and do it under the influence of his external energy Maya.
Friend – In Islam, we worship Allah only. Does it make me a less intelligent person?
Me – Undoubtedly you are a very intelligent person. I mean when you worship a demigod for a worldly gain then you are a short-sighted person because you don’t see the bigger picture. All the worldly objects are temporary. Further, every religion is linked with one other in several ways.

Friend - why do you people worship demigods? I mean you should directly connect to the supreme God who manages demigods.. And chanting Hare Krishna Mantra invoke his mercy.

Friend - Do you imply that Allah and Krishna are the same? I don’t believe this.
Me – The supreme personality of Godhead is the same person. He takes incarnation in various forms. He is called by thousands of names and you can pick any of them. But you would connect with him only.
Friend – This means I am already worshipping Krishna even if I chant Allah.

Me – Yes! But indirectly, all the prayer goes to Krishna, and he fulfils them through demigods. But you don’t get his love or devotion as you don’t approach him directly. When you water the root of a tree, the water goes in every branch and leaf of the tree. You need not inject them separately. Similarly, when you worship Krishna, all demigods get satisfied. Chanting Hare Krishna Mantra won’t convert you from Islam to Hinduism.

Friend – But my family won’t allow me to chant Hare Krishna Mantra.
Me - It is up to you and I know you will convince them. Krishna will help you to do that.
Friend – Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare

2 comments:

Madhav Goswami said...

I have seen many muslims and christians chanting hare krishna mantra with great devotion. It is the best method of purifification, nice post, thanks

rajiv said...

very good website

Post a Comment

 
;